Senior Living in Starksboro, Vermont
Top zip codes in Starksboro, VT: 05487
- Starksboro scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Starksboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sterling House of Richmond, Valley View Apartments, and Squire House.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Knoll Country Club (South/North Course at Cedar Knoll Country Club), Sugarbush Golf Club, and Blush Hill Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Camels Hump State Forest, Birds of Vermont Museum, and Mt. Philo State Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Starksboro Baptist Church Parsonage, Community Church of Hunti, and Bristol Christian Fellowship.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,751, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,000, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,935, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.09%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Starksboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Starksboro has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Starksboro has a very sparse population density of 33.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Starksboro have a long daily commute time.
- Starksboro has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.07%.