Senior Living in State Line, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in State Line, PA: 17263
- State Line scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- State Line scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Western Maryland Center, Meritus Medical Center, and Brook Lane Health Services.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including NMS Healthcare of Hagerstown, Charlotte\'s Home II, and Mennonite Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 123 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Greencastle Greens Golf Club, Fountain Head Country Club, and Blackrock Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Keystone RV Center, Snavely\'s Garden Corner, and Fairgrounds Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including Maugansville Bible Brethren, Salem Reformed Church, and Upton Church of Brethren.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 69 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 47 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $76,471, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,182, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,965, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- State Line receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- State Line has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- State Line has an average population density of 1,326.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of State Line have a very short daily commute time.
- State Line has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.31%.