Senior Living in Sterling, Kansas
Top zip codes in Sterling, KS: 67579
- Sterling scores lower than the Kansas average of 73.
- Sterling scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rice Cnty Hosp District One).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sterling Presbyterian Manor, Good Samaritan Society - Lyons, and Country Place Senior Living - Lyons.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Paradise Pastures, Lyons Town & Country Club, and Carey Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Sterling Park, Sterling Recreation Commission, and Buffalo Bill\'s Well.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of God, Alden United Methodist, and Alden United Methodist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.99% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.00%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kansas has an average state income tax of 3.67%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,202, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,596, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,348, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $35,700 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $61,503 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,485 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.63%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sterling receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Sterling has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Sterling has a very sparse population density of 13.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sterling have a short daily commute time.
- Sterling has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.87%.