Senior Living in Sterling, Virginia
- Sterling scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- Sterling scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Reston Hospital Center, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, and Graydon Manor.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sommerset Retirement Community, Potomac Falls Health and Rehab Center, and Brookdale Sterling.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 400 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (16% of residents).
- There are 103 golf courses in or around the city, including Sterling Park Golf Club, Island Course at Lowes Island Club at Cascades, and Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Claude Moore Park, Dranesville Tavern Park, and McKee-Beshers Wildlife Management Area.
- There are 194 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Christ the Redeemer Religious, and Sterling Park Baptist Church.
- There are 28 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 215 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 19 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 131 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.88% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $120,323, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $106,505, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $42,134, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.23%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sterling receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Sterling has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Sterling has a dense population density of 2,979.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sterling have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Sterling has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.10%.