Senior Living in Stevens, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Stevens, PA: 17578
- Stevens scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Stevens scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ephrata Community Hospital, Heart Of Lancaster Regional Medical Center, and Wernersville State Hospital.
- There are 65 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Denver Health and Rehabilitation Center, Cocalico Christian Home, and Colonial Lodge.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Foxchase Golf Club, Hawk Valley Golf Club, and Springside Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Wolf Sanctuary of PA, Conrad Weiser Homestead, and Lake-In-Wood Campground.
- There are 160 churches in or near the city, including Harvest Fellowship, Reamstown Church of God, and Mellingers Lutheran Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 107 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 51 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,381, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,448, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,412, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.96%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stevens receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Stevens has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Stevens has a sparse population density of 489.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stevens have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Stevens has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 76.51%.