Senior Living in Stillwater, New York
Top zip codes in Stillwater, NY: 12170
- Stillwater scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Stillwater scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Saratoga Hospital and Four Winds Saratoga).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cook Adult Home, Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home, and The Wesley Community.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Mechanicville Golf Club, Saratoga National Golf Club, and Saratoga Golf & Polo Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Saratoga National Historical Park, Saratoga Lake Marine Park, and Congress Park.
- There are 34 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Roman Catholic Chr, St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, and Assumption St Paul.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 61 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,517, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,342, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,357, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.91%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stillwater receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Stillwater has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Stillwater has a sparse population density of 164.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stillwater have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Stillwater has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.00%.