Senior Living in Stockbridge, Vermont
Top zip codes in Stockbridge, VT: 05772
- Stockbridge scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Stockbridge scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility, Mill Village Apartments, and Windover House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Killington Golf Resort, Green Mountain National Golf Course, and White River Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Gifford Woods State Park, Silver Lake State Park, and Green Mountain National Forest.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Faith Assembly of God, Federated Church of Rochester, and Bahai Faith.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,561, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,292, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,480, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.73%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stockbridge receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Stockbridge has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Stockbridge has a very sparse population density of 15.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stockbridge have an average daily commute time.
- Stockbridge has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.64%.