Senior Living in Stockertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Stockertown, PA: 18083
- Stockertown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Stockertown scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital, Warren Hospital, and Easton Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alexandria Manor Senior Living Centers - Nazareth 1, Moravian Hall Square, and Weston Senior Living Center at Sullivan Trail.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 284 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 68 golf courses in or around the city, including Riverview Country Club, Sawmill Golf Course, and Northampton Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Jacobsburg State Park, Moore Township Recreation Fields, and Weona Park.
- There are 158 churches in or near the city, including Forks United Church of Christ, St Peter\'s Church of Christ, and Hope Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 114 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 91 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,588, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $37,321, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,363, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.07%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stockertown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Stockertown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Stockertown has an average population density of 864.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stockertown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Stockertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.87%.