Senior Living in Stockton, New York
Top zip codes in Stockton, NY: 14784
- Stockton scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Stockton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Westfield Memorial Hospital, Inc and Brooks Memorial Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fredonia Place, WCA Home, and Absolut Center For Nursing and Rehab Westfield LLC.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Cassadaga Lakes Country Club, Hillview Golf Course, and The Hill Course at Chautauqua Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Camp Onyahsa, Chautauqua Lake KOA, and Blue Water Beach Campground.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including National Spiritualist Assn, St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, and Universal Unity of Spirit.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.27% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.75% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $38,630, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $29,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $16,207, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.58%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stockton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Stockton has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Stockton has a very sparse population density of 35.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stockton have a short daily commute time.
- Stockton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 70.04%.