Senior Living in Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Stone Mountain scores higher than the Georgia average of 72.
- Stone Mountain scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Dekalb Medical Center At Hillandale, Emory Northlake Reg Med Ctr, and Decatur (atlanta) Va Medical Center.
- There are 191 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Epi Caregiving, Bilmisd Loving Care Home, and Clara Heart Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 745 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Southland Country Club, Hidden Hills Golf & Country Club, and Lakemont Course at Stone Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 15 parks near the city center, including Wade-Walker Park, Stone Mountain Park, and Stone Mountain Park Campground.
- There are 415 churches in or near the city, including Agape Christian Family Church, Reachout Ministries, and Smoke Rise Baptist Church.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 440 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 23 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 100 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,100, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,846, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,258, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,665 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.46%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stone Mountain receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Stone Mountain has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Stone Mountain has a dense population density of 2,598.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stone Mountain have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Stone Mountain has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.15%.