Senior Living in Stoneboro, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Stoneboro, PA: 16153
- Stoneboro scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Stoneboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Grove City Medical Center).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greystone Country Estates, Avalon Springs Nursing Center, and Grove City Medical Center .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 51 golf courses in or around the city, including Mercer Public Golf Course, Spring Valley Golf Club, and Willow Hills Golf Center.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Maurice K Goddard State Park, Goddard Park VacationLand Campground, and Plantation Park.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Emmanual Christian Church, Sandy Lake Presbyterian Church, and Clarks Mills United Methodist.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.89% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.47% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,365, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,222, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,985, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Stoneboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Stoneboro has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Stoneboro has a very sparse population density of 60.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Stoneboro have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Stoneboro has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.81%.