Senior Living in Strabane, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Strabane, PA: 15363
- Strabane scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Strabane scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Canonsburg General Hospital, Washington Hospital, The, and Advanced Surgical Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Townview Health and Rehabilitation Center, Greenery Specialty Care Center (of Canonsburg), and Golden LivingCenter - South Hills.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 206 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Linfield National, Blue/Gold Course at Lindenwood Golf Club, and Southpointe Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including North Strabane Township Park, Washington / Pittsburgh SW KOA, and Peterswood Park.
- There are 120 churches in or near the city, including First United Methodist Church, Central Assembly of God Church, and First United Presbyterian Chr.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 77 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 98 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,372, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,656, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,645, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.53%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 8% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Strabane receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Strabane has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Strabane has a dense population density of 3,290.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Strabane have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Strabane has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 77.20%.