Senior Living in Streamwood, Illinois
Top zip codes in Streamwood, IL: 60107
- Streamwood scores significantly lower than the Illinois average of 74.
- Streamwood scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bhc Streamwood Hospital, St Alexius Medical Center, and Alexian Brothers Hospital.
- There are 133 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lexington of Streamwood, Clare Oaks Senior Living, and Assisi Healthcare of Clare Oaks.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 867 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 230 golf courses in or around the city, including Streamwood Oaks Golf Club, Schaumburg Golf Club(White & Blue (Tournament) Course at Schaumburg Golf Club ), and Walnut Greens Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including James \"Pate\" Philip State Park, Crabtree Nature Center, and Olympic Park.
- There are 217 churches in or near the city, including Immanuel United Church-Christ, St John the Evangelist, and Grace Lutheran Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 324 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 21 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 206 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $85,289, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $71,701, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,270, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,740 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $92,163 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.03%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Streamwood receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Streamwood has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Streamwood has a dense population density of 5,008.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Streamwood have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Streamwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.24%.