Senior Living in Summit Station, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Summit Station, PA: 17979
- Summit Station scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Summit Station scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rest Haven, Luther Ridge at Seiders Hill, and Seton Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 47 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, Heidelberg Country Club, and Green Acres Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Appalachian RV Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Christmas Pines Campground.
- There are 30 churches in or near the city, including Faith Assembly of God, Zion Blue Mountain United Chr, and Higher Ground Worship Center.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 53 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $49,805, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,924, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Summit Station receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Summit Station has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Summit Station has a sparse population density of 159.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Summit Station have a very short daily commute time.
- Summit Station has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.