Senior Living in Summitville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Summitville, IN: 46070
- Summitville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Summitville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Vincent Mercy Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Summit Convalescent Center, Alexandria Care Center, and Community Parkview Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Yule Golf Club, Elwood Country Club, and Players Club Woodland Trails, The.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Hidden Lake Resort and Marbrook Campground).
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Church, First Christian Church, and Fairmount Church of God.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,550, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,561, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,591, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.34%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Summitville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Summitville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Summitville has a very sparse population density of 51.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Summitville have an average daily commute time.
- Summitville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.17%.