Senior Living in Sunapee, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Sunapee, NH: 03782
- Sunapee scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Sunapee scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including New London Hospital, New London Hospital, and Valley Regional Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sunapee Cove Assisted Living, Hallkeen Assisted Living - Sunapee Cove , and Summercrest.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Lake Sunapee Country Club, Twin Lake Village Par 3 Golf Course, and Newport Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast and Fells).
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Georges Mills United Methodist, Community United Methodist Chr, and South Newbury Union Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $83,925, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $66,519, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,611, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.89%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sunapee receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Sunapee has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Sunapee has a sparse population density of 139.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sunapee have an average daily commute time.
- Sunapee has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.00%.