Senior Living in Sunnyside, New York
Top zip codes in Sunnyside, NY: 11104
- Sunnyside scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Sunnyside scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 88 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mount Sinai Hospital Of Queens, New York Hospital Medical Center Of Queens, and Coler-goldwater Spec Hospital.
- There are 371 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Queens Blvd Ext Care Facility, Regal Heights Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Surfside Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6144 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 207 golf courses in or around the city, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 62 parks near the city center, including Socrates Sculpture Park, Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park, and Carl Schurz Park.
- There are 2065 churches in or near the city, including Nak Won Reformed Church, Al-osman & Hamid Jame Mofjid, and Queen of Angels Rc Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 3575 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 248 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1229 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,230, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,152, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,922, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.96%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sunnyside receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Sunnyside has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Sunnyside has a very dense population density of 70,005.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sunnyside have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Sunnyside has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.59%.