Senior Living in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Swarthmore, PA: 19081
- Swarthmore scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Swarthmore scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 27 hospitals within close range of the city, including Keystone Center, Crozer Chester Medical Center, and Riddle Memorial Hospital.
- There are 183 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Swarthmo Senior Center, Plush Mills Senior Living, and ManorCare Health Services-Wallingford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1103 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 170 golf courses in or around the city, including Springhaven Club, Rolling Green Golf Club, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 25 parks near the city center, including Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Taylor Memorial Arboretum, and Governor Printz Park.
- There are 556 churches in or near the city, including Swarthmore Friends Metting, Swarthmore United Methodist, and Trinity Episcopal Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 718 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 39 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 356 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $121,338, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,911, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $43,671, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.05%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Swarthmore receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Swarthmore has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Swarthmore has a dense population density of 4,627.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Swarthmore have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Swarthmore has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.83%.