Senior Living in Swedesboro, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Swedesboro, NJ: 08085
- Swedesboro scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Swedesboro scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crozer Chester Medical Center, Keystone Center, and Alfred I Dupont Hospital.
- There are 95 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Generation Station, Davis Boarding Home II, and Johnson Small Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 508 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 146 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue/White Course at Beckett Golf Club, Sakima Country Club, and Springhaven Club.
- There are 17 parks near the city center, including Gloucester County DREAM Park, Bridgeport Speedway, and Governor Printz Park.
- There are 335 churches in or near the city, including Bethesda United Methodist Chr, St Joseph\'s Rectory, and Living Hope Worship Ctr.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 247 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 150 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $101,988, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $93,884, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $35,105, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Swedesboro receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Swedesboro has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Swedesboro has a sparse population density of 405.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Swedesboro have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Swedesboro has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.32%.