Senior Living in Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sweet Valley, PA: 18656
- Sweet Valley scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sweet Valley scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Clear Brook Lodge).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fern Wood Manor, Star Hill Rest Home, and Lakeside Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Farley\'s Sweet Valley Golf Course, Jean\'s Run Golf Course, and Mill Race Golf & Camping Resort.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Ricketts Glen State Park, Red Rock Mountain Campground, and Grassmere Park Campgrounds.
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Church of Christ, and Our Lady of Victory Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,107, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,453, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,181, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.68%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sweet Valley receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Sweet Valley has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Sweet Valley has a very sparse population density of 42.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sweet Valley have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Sweet Valley has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.03%.