Senior Living in Sycamore, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Sycamore, PA: 15364
- Sycamore scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Sycamore scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Southwest Regional Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Braun\'s Personal Care Home, SeniorCARE Greene, and Golden LivingCenter - Waynesburg.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Rohanna\'s Golf Course, Greene County Country Club, and Dogwood Hills Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Windridge Playground, Ryerson Station State Park, and Four Seasons Camping Resort.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Bethlehem Baptist Church, Bethel Presbyterian Church, and North Ten Mile Baptist Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,738, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,361, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,127, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Sycamore receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Sycamore has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Sycamore has a very sparse population density of 23.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Sycamore have a long daily commute time.
- Sycamore has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.59%.