Senior Living in Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Tamaqua, PA: 18252
- Tamaqua scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tamaqua scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital and Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 44 golf courses in or around the city, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tuscarora State Park, Locust Lake State Park, and Jim Thorpe Camping Resort.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Searing David A, St Ann\'s Rectory, and St John Slovak Lutheran Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $46,787, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,716, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,547, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.15%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tamaqua receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Tamaqua has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Tamaqua has a sparse population density of 189.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tamaqua have a long daily commute time.
- Tamaqua has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.53%.