Senior Living in Tamiment, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Tamiment, PA: 18371
- Tamiment scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tamiment scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Newton Memorial Hospital and Pocono Medical Center).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Milford Manor, Shawnee Ridge, and Golden LivingCenter - Stroud.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 69 golf courses in or around the city, including Tamiment Resort & Conference Center, Fernwood Hotel & Resort, and Terra Greens Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Bushkill Falls, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, and YMCA Camp Mason.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including First Presbyterian Church, First United Methodist Church, and Vineyard Assembly of God.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 26 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.65% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,436, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,868, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,101, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.37%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tamiment receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Tamiment has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Tamiment has a sparse population density of 211.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tamiment have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Tamiment has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.31%.