Senior Living in Tarentum, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Tarentum, PA: 15084
- Tarentum scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tarentum scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alle Kiski Medical Center, Healthsouth Harmarville Hosp, and Upmc St Margaret.
- There are 81 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cherry Blossom Care Home, Platinum Ridge Center For Rehab and Healing, and Logan House.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 107 golf courses in or around the city, including Woodlawn Golf Course, Brackenridge Heights Country Club, and Old Course at Saxon Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Mountain Top Campground, Camp Deer Creek, and Harrison Hills Park.
- There are 124 churches in or near the city, including First Christian Church, First Baptist Church, and Sacred Heart-St Peter\'s Ccd.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 76 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 105 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.09% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,604, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $41,554, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,949, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tarentum receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Tarentum has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Tarentum has a sparse population density of 364.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tarentum have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Tarentum has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.13%.