Senior Living in Teaneck, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Teaneck, NJ: 07666
- Teaneck scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Teaneck scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 75 hospitals within close range of the city, including Holy Name Medical Center, Hackensack University Medical Center, and Englewood Hospital And Medical Center.
- There are 339 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Teaneck Nursing Center, Care One at Teaneck, and Teaneck Senior Citizens Housing Association.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4210 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 215 golf courses in or around the city, including Overpeck County Golf Course, Knickerbocker Country Club, and Hackensack Golf Club.
- There are 36 parks near the city center, including Overpeck County Park, Van Saun County Park, and Fort Lee Historic Park.
- There are 1274 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Teaneck, St Anastasia\'s Rc Church, and St Mark\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2634 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 223 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1111 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $123,069, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $94,068, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $41,496, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.26%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Teaneck receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Teaneck has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Teaneck has a dense population density of 6,599.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Teaneck have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Teaneck has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.91%.