Senior Living in Tempe, Arizona
- Tempe scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Tempe scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Tempe St Luke\'s Hospital, Banner Desert Medical Center, and Mesa Lutheran Hospital.
- There are 369 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fsl Pathways-Fogal House, Liann\'s Homes - La Hacienda, and Adult Care Consultants.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1409 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 140 golf courses in or around the city, including Shalimar Country Club, Rio Salado Golf Course, and Rolling Hills Golf Course.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Apache Palms RV Park, Benedict Sports Complex, and Tempe Beach Park.
- There are 375 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church of Tempe, Southside Baptist Church-Tempe, and Tri-City Baptist Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 457 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 27 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 250 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.06% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,885, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,486, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,879, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $81,213 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,890 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.33%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tempe receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Tempe has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Tempe has a dense population density of 3,968.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tempe have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Tempe has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.40%.