Senior Living in Temple, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Temple, PA: 19560
- Temple scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Temple scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Reading Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 50 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including ManorCare Health Services-Laureldale, Ageless Harmony Adult Senior DayCare - Laureldale, and Rittenhouse Senior Living of Reading.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 223 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 83 golf courses in or around the city, including Reading Country Club, Exeter Golf Club, and Rich Maiden Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Berks County Park, Crystal Cave, and Nolde Forest State Park.
- There are 167 churches in or near the city, including Epiphany Lutheran Church, Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and Spring Valley Church of God.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 166 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 100 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,811, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,643, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,530, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Temple receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Temple has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Temple has an average population density of 960.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Temple have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Temple has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.38%.