Senior Living in Terre Hill, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Terre Hill, PA: 17581
- Terre Hill scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Terre Hill scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Ephrata Community Hospital and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital).
- There are 57 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Garden Spot Village, Colonial Lodge, and Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 87 golf courses in or around the city, including Hawk Valley Golf Club, Springside Par 3 Golf Course, and Honey Brook Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Lake-In-Wood Campground and Nolde Forest State Park).
- There are 160 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s United Church, Weaverland Mennonite Church, and Bethany Mennonite Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 56 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,792, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,490, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,850, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $56,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,936 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.95%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Terre Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Terre Hill has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Terre Hill has a dense population density of 2,838.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Terre Hill have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Terre Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 71.57%.