Senior Living in Terryville, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Terryville, CT: 06786
- Terryville scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Terryville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including Bristol Hospital, Bristol Hospital, and Bradley Mem Hosp & Hlth Center.
- There are 92 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cook Willow Convalescent Health Center, Ingraham Manor SNF, and Holly View Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 321 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 112 golf courses in or around the city, including Pequabuck Golf Club of Bristol, Chippanee Golf Club, and Crestbrook Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Black Rock State Park and White Memorial Conservation Center).
- There are 161 churches in or near the city, including St Michael\'s Byzantine Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Paul Lutheran Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 229 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 113 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $80,320, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,458, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,897, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Terryville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Terryville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Terryville has an average population density of 687.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Terryville have a long daily commute time.
- Terryville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.08%.