Senior Living in Thorndike, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Thorndike, MA: 01079
- Thorndike scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Thorndike scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Wing Memorial Hospital And Medical Center, Baystate Mary Lane Hospital, and Healthsouth Rehab Hosp Of Ma.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palmer Healthcare Center, Wingate at Wilbraham , and Life Care Center of Wilbraham.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 73 golf courses in or around the city, including Ludlow Country Club, Country Club of Wilbraham, and Quaboag Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Camp Ramah in New England and Chicopee Memorial State Park).
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including St Thomas Parish Ctr, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and Second Congregational Church.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.36% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,020, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,768, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.60%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Thorndike receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Thorndike has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Thorndike has an average population density of 613.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Thorndike have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Thorndike has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.87%.