Senior Living in Thorofare, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Thorofare, NJ: 08086
- Thorofare scores higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Thorofare scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 35 hospitals within close range of the city, including Underwood Memorial Hospital, St Agnes Medical Center, and Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden.
- There are 180 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Manorcare Health Services-West Deptford, Avenues To Independent Living, and Inspira Acute Care for Elders Unit - Woodbury.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1385 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 160 golf courses in or around the city, including RiverWinds Golf Club, Westwood Golf Club, and Woodbury Country Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Red Bank Battlefield Park, Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park, and John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum.
- There are 614 churches in or near the city, including St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr, St John the Evangelist, and St Matthews Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 943 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 37 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 392 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.51% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.27% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,534, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $67,850, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,790, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.81%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Thorofare receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Thorofare has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Thorofare has an average population density of 1,051.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Thorofare have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Thorofare has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.61%.