Senior Living in Tillson, New York
Top zip codes in Tillson, NY: 12486
- Tillson scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Tillson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Benedictine Hospital, Kingston Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Culinarians Home, Island View, and Penrose Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Stone Dock Golf Club, Mohonk Mountain House Golf Course, and New Paltz Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Shaupeneak Ridge Park, Staatsburgh State Historic Site, and Forsyth Nature Center.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, Abundant Life Tabernacle Upci, and Adat Chaim Messianic Synagogue.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 80 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,675, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,462, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,402, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.89%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tillson receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Tillson has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Tillson has a sparse population density of 449.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tillson have a long daily commute time.
- Tillson has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.72%.