Senior Living in Tiverton, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Tiverton, RI: 02878
- Tiverton scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Tiverton scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Anne\'s Hospital, A Caritas Family Hospital, Southcoast Hospital Group, Inc, and Dr J Corrigan Mental Hlth Ctr.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Sakonnet Bay Retirement Living, Countryview Estates, and Atria Aquidneck Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 233 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Green Valley Country Club, Montaup Country Club, and Pocasset Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Green Animals Topiary Garden, Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum, and Kennedy Park.
- There are 122 churches in or near the city, including St Madeleine Catholic Church, St Theresa Catholic Church, and First Baptist Old Stone Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 112 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 90 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $78,628, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $63,767, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,847, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.67%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tiverton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Tiverton has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Tiverton has an average population density of 543.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tiverton have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Tiverton has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.29%.