Senior Living in Tivoli, New York
Top zip codes in Tivoli, NY: 12583
- Tivoli scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Tivoli scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Northern Dutchess Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Palatine Manor, and Ten Broeck Commons.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Edgewood Club of Tivoli, Thomas Carvel Country Club, and Red Hook Golf Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Bristol Beach, Brook n Wood Family Campground, and Poet\'s Walk Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church, St Christophers Church, and St John\'s Reformed Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 56 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 37 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,410, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,625, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,403, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.43%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tivoli receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Tivoli has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Tivoli has a sparse population density of 188.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tivoli have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Tivoli has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.24%.