Senior Living in Topsham, Vermont
Top zip codes in Topsham, VT: 05076
- Topsham scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Topsham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Central Vermont Medical Center and Central Vermont Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Frances Atkinson Residence For The Retired, Grafton County Nursing Home, and Blue Spruce Home For The Retired.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 27 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Club of Barre, Bradford Golf Club, and Lake Morey Inn Resort Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Seyon Ranch, Big Deer State Park Campground, and Bedell Bridge State Park.
- There are 43 churches in or near the city, including New Hope Methodist Church, Groton United Methodist Church, and Topsham Up Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.22% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,156, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,346, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,355, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Topsham receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Topsham has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Topsham has a very sparse population density of 14.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Topsham have a very long daily commute time.
- Topsham has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.82%.