Senior Living in Topton, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Topton, PA: 19562
- Topton scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Topton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Buehrle Center, The Lutheran Home at Topton, and Wilson Manor.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 151 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (40% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Berkleigh Country Club, Golden Oaks Country Club, and Rich Maiden Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Crystal Cave, Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground, and Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom.
- There are 125 churches in or near the city, including Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, Longswamp United Church-Christ, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 55 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 73 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,719, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,051, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,971, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.20%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Topton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Topton has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Topton has a dense population density of 2,590.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Topton have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Topton has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.15%.