Senior Living in Torrance, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Torrance, PA: 15779
- Torrance scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Torrance scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Torrance State Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Close To Home, Barnes Place , and Loyalhanna Continuing Care Campus.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 60 golf courses in or around the city, including Chestnut Ridge Course at Chestnut Ridge Golf Club, Champion Lakes Golf Course, and Champion Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Pine Ridge Park, Saylor Park, and Keystone State Park.
- There are 24 churches in or near the city, including Kitner Charles S, First United Methodist Church, and Christian Fellowship Ctr-Derry.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 23 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.31% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's median household income is $75,083, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $13,284, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 48.39%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Torrance receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Torrance has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Torrance has a very sparse population density of 52.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Torrance have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Torrance has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.