Senior Living in Torrington, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Torrington, CT: 06790
- Torrington scores significantly lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Torrington scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Charlotte Hungerford Hospital, Bristol Hospital, and Bristol Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Paradigm Healthcare Center of Torrington, Wolcott Hall Nursing Center, and The Workman.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 169 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 97 golf courses in or around the city, including Torrington Country Club, Fairview Farm Golf Course, and Torrington Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Burr Pond State Park, White Memorial Conservation Center, and Black Rock State Park.
- There are 91 churches in or near the city, including Harwinton Congregational Chr, Immaculate Heart of Mary, and Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 73 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 11 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 69 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.97% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,348, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,782, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,543, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $161,695 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.21%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Torrington receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Torrington has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Torrington has an average population density of 877.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Torrington have an average daily commute time.
- Torrington has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.30%.