Senior Living in Tower City, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Tower City, PA: 17980
- Tower City scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tower City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Countryside Christian Community.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 48 golf courses in or around the city, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Manada Golf Club, and Blue Mountain View Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Swatara State Park, Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa, and Jonestown KOA.
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including Williamstown United Meth Chr, Sacred Heart of Jesus, and Jonestown United Methodist Chr.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,335, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,490, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,251, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.35%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tower City receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Tower City has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Tower City has a very sparse population density of 81.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tower City have a long daily commute time.
- Tower City has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.22%.