Senior Living in Townshend, Vermont
Top zip codes in Townshend, VT: 05353
- Townshend scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Townshend scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Grace Cottage Hospital and Grace Cottage Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heins Home, Country Village Community Care Home, and Maplewood Nursing Home of Cheshire County .
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Stratton Mountain Country Club (Forest/Lake Course at Stratton Mountain Country Club), Bellows Falls Country Club, and Mount Snow Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Townshend Dam Recreation Area and Kenolie Village).
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Comm United Church of Christ, Newfane Congregational Church, and First Congregational Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.01% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $81,856, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,191, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,008, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Townshend receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Townshend has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Townshend has a very sparse population density of 29.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Townshend have a short daily commute time.
- Townshend has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.10%.