Senior Living in Tremont, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Tremont, PA: 17981
- Tremont scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tremont scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street, and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Tremont Health and Rehabilitation Center, Friendly Nursing Home - Pitman, and Golden LivingCenter - York Terrace.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Hidden Valley Golf Course, Fountain Springs Country Club, and Rolling Meadows Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Sweet Arrow Lake County Park, Camp Swatara, and Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Suedberg Church of God, Schuylkill Church of Brethren, and United Church of Christ.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,682, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,929, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,703, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.24%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tremont receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Tremont has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Tremont has a sparse population density of 100.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tremont have a long daily commute time.
- Tremont has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.29%.