Senior Living in Trenton, New Jersey
- Trenton scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Trenton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 9 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Francis Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Hamilton, and Capital Health System-mercer Campus.
- There are 78 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ewing Independent Living, Rose Hill, and Hamilton Grove Healthcare and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 552 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 150 golf courses in or around the city, including Yardley Country Club, Morrisville Golf Farm, and Lawrenceville School Golf Course, The.
- There are 14 parks near the city center, including Grounds For Sculpture, Waterfront Park, and Trent House.
- There are 327 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Church-trenton, St Phillips Baptist Church, and Holy Angels Roman Catholic Chr.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 282 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 166 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.02% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,169, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,375, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,761, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $122,275 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,255 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,117 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.52%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Trenton receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Trenton has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Trenton has a dense population density of 4,779.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Trenton have an average daily commute time.
- Trenton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 82.76%.