Senior Living in Trexlertown, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Trexlertown, PA: 18087
- Trexlertown scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Trexlertown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mosser Nursing Home, Lehigh Center, and The Village at Willow Lane.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 248 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The, Brookside Country Club, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, Covered Bridge Park, and Bicentennial Park.
- There are 194 churches in or near the city, including St Anne\'s Episcopal Church, St Paul\'s United Church-Christ, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 146 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 10 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 118 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,411, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,890, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,454, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Trexlertown receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Trexlertown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Trexlertown has an average population density of 682.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Trexlertown have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Trexlertown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 62.37%.