Senior Living in Trumansburg, New York
Top zip codes in Trumansburg, NY: 14886
- Trumansburg scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Trumansburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Cayuga Medical Center At Ithaca).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cayuga Ridge, Brookdale Ithacaa, and Brookdale Ithaca.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Trumansburg Golf Club, Country Club of Ithaca, The, and Hillendale Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Taughannock Falls State Park, Spruce Row Campsite, and Finger Lakes Region.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Tabernacle Baptist Church, Unitarian Church of Ithaca, and Vineyard Church of Ithaca.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 38 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,739, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,443, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,595, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $92,280 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,982 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,916 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Trumansburg receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Trumansburg has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Trumansburg has a very sparse population density of 87.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Trumansburg have a short daily commute time.
- Trumansburg has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.30%.