Senior Living in Tucson, Arizona
- Tucson scores higher than the Arizona average of 70.
- Tucson scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including University Medical Center, Tucson Medical Center, and El Dorado Hospital.
- There are 147 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Luke\'s Home, Park Avenue Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Care Patrol.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 602 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Dell Urich Course at Randolph Golf Complex, Davis-Monthan AFB Golf, and Canyon/Hill Course at La Paloma Country Club.
- There are 31 parks near the city center, including Himmel Park, Arborist Contractor Tucson, and El Presidio Park.
- There are 201 churches in or near the city, including Grace Temple Baptist Church, Bible Chapel, and Northside Christian Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 200 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 92 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 9.15%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Arizona has an average state income tax of 2.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,658, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,018, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,701, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,896 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,475 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tucson receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Tucson has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Tucson has a dense population density of 1,933.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tucson have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Tucson has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.29%.