Senior Living in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Tulsa scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Tulsa scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 19 hospitals within close range of the city, including Doctors Hospital, Continuous Care Ctr Of Tulsa, and St John Medical Center, Inc.
- There are 84 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Cottage Extended Care, Wildwood Care Center, and Oklahoma Methodist Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 519 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including LaFortune Park Course at LaFortune Park Golf Course, Pecan Valley Course at Mohawk Park Golf Course, and Back & West Course at Southern Hills Country Club.
- There are 38 parks near the city center, including Woodward Park, Zink Park, and Centennial Park.
- There are 263 churches in or near the city, including Madalene Church, Memorial Baptist Church, and Church of Christ.
- There are 53 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 194 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 16 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 147 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.06% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,089, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,886, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,622, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,788 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,858 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.66%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tulsa receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Tulsa has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Tulsa has a dense population density of 2,409.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tulsa have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Tulsa has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.73%.