Senior Living in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Tunkhannock, PA: 18657
- Tunkhannock scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Tunkhannock scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Mercy Tyler Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden LivingCenter - Tunkhannock, Carl F Greenley Personal Care, and Anns Grove Personal Care Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 40 golf courses in or around the city, including Shadowbrook Inn & Resort, Emanon Country Club, and Executive Course at Newberry Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Cozy Creek Family Campground).
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, Tunkhannock United Methodist, and Nativity Bvm Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 16 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.73% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,953, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,189, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,058, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.54%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tunkhannock receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Tunkhannock has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Tunkhannock has a very sparse population density of 97.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tunkhannock have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Tunkhannock has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.09%.