Senior Living in Turbotville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Turbotville, PA: 17772
- Turbotville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Turbotville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Geisinger Medical Center, Danville State Hospital, and Muncy Valley Hospital.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Warrior Run Heritage House, Susquehanna Health Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Watsontown Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Frosty Valley Country Club, Cherokee Golf Course, and Liberty Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Trout Pond Park Family Fun Center, Shady Rest Campground, and Milton State Park.
- There are 46 churches in or near the city, including Zion Lutheran Church, Shipman W Stevens, and Eberly, Douglas M-United Methodist Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 19 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.24% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.13% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,518, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,417, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,986, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.27%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Turbotville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Turbotville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Turbotville has a sparse population density of 106.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Turbotville have a short daily commute time.
- Turbotville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.44%.