Senior Living in Tybee Island, Georgia
Top zip codes in Tybee Island, GA: 31328
- Tybee Island scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- Tybee Island scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Memorial Health Univ Med Cen, Inc, Coastal Harbor Treatment Ctr, and Georgia Regional Hospital.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Savannah Beach Health and Rehab, Oceanside Health and Rehab, and Summer Breeze Senior Living.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 100 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (47% of residents).
- There are 50 golf courses in or around the city, including Wilmington Island Club, Melrose Club Golf Course, The, and Savannah Golf Club, The.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Rivers End Campground & RV Park, Lighthouse Inn Bed and Breakfast, and Tybee National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including St Michael\'s Catholic Church, Chapel By the Sea Baptist Chr, and All Saints Episcopal Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.28% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Georgia has an average state income tax of 5.02%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,180, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,490, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,006, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,810 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,910 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.76%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Tybee Island receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Tybee Island has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Tybee Island has an average population density of 592.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Tybee Island have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Tybee Island has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.06%.