Senior Living in Uncasville, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Uncasville, CT: 06382
- Uncasville scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Uncasville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (William W Backus Hospital and Lawrence & Memorial Hospital).
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hillcrest by JENSEN Communities, Orchard Grove Specialty Care Center, and Haughton Cove Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 179 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Norwich Golf Club, New London Country Club, and Goose Run Golf Course at Naval Submarine Base.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Connecticut College Arboretum, Nehantic State Forest, and Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Rectory, Calvary Christian Fellowship, and Our Lady of the Lakes Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 78 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 71 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,323, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,635, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,467, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $62,160 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,198 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.04%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Uncasville receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Uncasville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Uncasville has an average population density of 661.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Uncasville have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Uncasville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.35%.